Fori has further improved on its standard Tugger AGV design by doubling the overall towing capacity.
Fori was enlisted to supply a derivative of the standard Tugger AGV product line that is capable of nearly double the capacity of the original design. The driver of this increase was the goal of being able to transport three carts carrying axle assemblies for a large automotive OEM.
Due to the capacity, more product was transferred during each move which further increased the return on investment while decreasing the total number of required vehicles. The Tugger AGVs were commissioned to replace non-value added material handling tasks within the assembly process. The most important process consideration was safety and reliable delivery of product.
Integration of a Fori Vehicle Management System (VMS) introduced further improvements to safety and reliability. Vehicle scheduling of moves, tracking and traffic control is coordinated through the Fori VMS. The Fori Tugger is a proven and robust product that can be applied to a variety of material handling applications.
For more information about Fori’s Tuggers and other material handling systems, please visit our website.
We are searching for a Controls Project Engineering Manager for our Global Welding Projects at our Global Headquarters.
Position: Controls Project Engineering Manager – Global Welding Projects (Job Code: 1002)
Location: 13231 23 Mile Road, Shelby Township, Michigan, 48315
- Responsible for managing both engineering groups (software/hardware) with regards to schedules and manpower requirements in accordance with Project Master Scheduler.
- Stay up to up to date on the latest technologies in use by our customers and competitors.
- Understand and adhere to company QS-9000 policies and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to the proposal and estimating department.
- Manage project budgets, driving the hardware/software architecture standardization for managed projects.
- Provide proper department staffing based on project requirements.
- Initiating and implementing continuous improvement activities.
- Representing Fori in-plant and customer plant line-up meetings.
- Communicating scope of work and monitor completion of project to specifications.
- Ensuring project is on budget and meeting agreed upon delivery schedule.
- Managing oversight of engineering release timing based on knowledge of purchasing department material lead times.
- Utilize industrial robot systems, automated systems, industrial networks, motion control, robotics, robotic simulation software, PLC and HMI programming software, continuous improvement, machine safety and electrical design (CAD) packages to perform duties.
- Conduct weekly project meetings both internal and with the customers; providing regular management updates for cost, schedule and issues management, and providing technical assistance to Controls Department.
- Education: Bachelors – Mechanical Engineering, Control and Automation Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electric Engineering, or in a related field of study (will accept equivalent foreign degree).
- Training: None
- Experience: Two (2) years in the position above, as a Controls Engineering Manager, as a Controls Engineer, as a Technical Director, or in a related occupation.
- Will accept four (4) years of work experience in the position above, as a Controls Engineering Manager, as a Controls Engineer, as a Technical Director, or in a related occupation, in lieu of a primary education and work experience requirement.
- Other Requirements: Experience must include two (2) years use of all the following: Industrial robot systems, automated systems, industrial networks, motion control, robotics, robotic simulation software, PLC and HMI programming software, continuous improvement, machine safety standards and electrical design CAD packages.
- Will also accept any suitable combination of education, training and/or experience.
Salary: $83,200 per year
- Please email resume to email@example.com
- Mail resume:
- Fori Automation, Inc.
- 13231 23 Mile Rd, Shelby Township, MI, 48315
- Attn: Recruiting
- Subject: Controls Project Eng. Mgr. – Global Welding Projects